Animal cells contain:
- Cytoplasm - mitochondria in the cytoplasm carry out aerobic respiration
- Nucleus - where chromosomes are
- Cell membrane - It is a barrier between the inside of the cell and the outside.
- Many small vacuoles
- Lysosome - an organelle in the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells containing degradative enzymes enclosed in a membrane
- Mitochondria - an organelle found in large numbers in most cells, in which the biochemical processes of respiration and energy production occur. It has a double membrane, the inner layer being folded inward to form layers (cristae)
See also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.