There are two types of flowering plant needed for GCSE - monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
Monocotyledons[edit | edit source]
- Have one cotyledon in their seed
- Have long, narrow leaves
- Petals, stamens,etc. always grouped in threes.
- Have scattered vascular bundles
Dicotyledons[edit | edit source]
- Have two cotyledons
- Have broad leaves, with dendritic veins
- Have branching roots
- They have rings of vascular bundles
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.