A plant is a multicellular organism that is one of the five kingdoms. They can make their own food by photosynthesis unlike animals. Another difference between plants and animals is the presence of a cell wall - this plants have (with cellulose in) but animals do not.
Flowering plants[edit | edit source]
There are two types of flowering plants; monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
Monocotyledons[edit | edit source]
- Seed with one Cotyledon (or part of the embryo)
- Narrow leaves have parallel veins
- Flower parts arranged in threes
- E.g. tulips, daffodils, grass and such cereals as wheat or maize
Dicotyledons[edit | edit source]
- broad leaves
- leaf veins dendritic
- two cotyledons (food source)
- flower parts in fives
- vascular bundles in a ring in the stem