Teeth are found inside the mouths of many animals.
Types of teeth[edit | edit source]
- Incisors - these are found near the front of the mouth, and are used to break off pieces of food inside the mouth.
- Canines - these are pointier than the incisors. In humans, they are used in a very similar way to the incisors, but in some animals, they can be used for killing prey.
- Premolars - these are used for chewing food and breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Molars - these are similar to the premolars, but have a bigger surface area.
Tooth decay[edit | edit source]
Tooth decay occurs when acids dissolve the enamel on our teeth.
Reducing the chance of tooth decay[edit | edit source]
There are several things that you can do to reduce the risk of tooth decay. Some of these are as follows:
- Reduce the amount of sugary foods in your diet.
- Clean your teeth regularly. This helps to remove plaque from them.
- Use toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Visit the dentist regularly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.